‘Created By Connie’ is excited to launch a fun and natural way to trial a tattoo design, perfect if you want to be certain before committing to permanent ink. Supplied by Jagua Ink and funding the Darien Initiative in Panama which empowers the indigenous Choco-Indian tribe with sustainable living to maintain their way of life, our new trial tattoo service uses jagua fruit (derived from the America Genipa fruit) and leaves a blue/black stain on the skin lasting 6 to 10 days, dependent on following aftercare instructions.
To book your TRIAL TATTOO SERVICE appointment, please select your studio appointment from the BOOKINGS page.
A consultation and skin test is COMPULSORY before your trial tattoo can be booked in. Your consultation fee will be deducted from your subsequent booking.
Please note that as jagua ink is derived from an unpasteurised fruit, it is NOT to be used with ANY fruit allergies or skin sensitivities. Reactions to Jagua ink art can take as long as 2 weeks to appear, and can be in the form of skin irritations or worse. Please seek medical advice if in doubt.
Take a look at the photos below to see how it works. Aftercare advice is also included.
- Jagua takes around 20-30 mins to dry flat on the skin
- Leave on the skin for 2 to 6 hours. Cover to prevent colour transfer. Ensure the design is breathable as smudging can occur very easily.
- WASH OFF with warm soapy water
- COVER the area again for 24 hours to prevent stain transfer as jagua is a potent dye
- Allow 2 to 3 days for the colour to fully mature into a rich dark blue stain
- Protect your jagua body art with the use of natural olive oil/coconut oil/almond oil etc
- Avoid excessive scrubbing, heavy work, chlorinated pools, sea water and other exfoliants to prolong your stain
- Allow approximately 2 weeks for the design to fully fade away