NEW THIS YEAR! A fun and natural way to trial a tattoo design, perfect if you want to be certain before committing to permanent ink.
Your consultation fee will be deducted from your subsequent booking with a consultation discount code.
Please note that as jagua ink is derived from an unpasteurised fruit, it is NOT to be used with ANY fruit allergies or skin sensitivities. Reactions to Jagua ink art can take as long as 2 weeks to appear, and can be in the form of skin irritations or worse. Please seek medical advice if in doubt. Supplied by Jagua Ink and funding the Darien Initiative in Panama which empowers the indigenous Choco-Indian tribe with sustainable trades to maintain their way of life, our new trial tattoo service uses jagua fruit (derived from the Genipa Americana fruit) and leaves a blue/black stain on the skin lasting around 2 weeks, dependent on aftercare.
Take a look at the photos below to see how it works.
- Jagua takes around 20-30 mins to dry flat on the skin
- Leave on the skin for 2 to 8 hours. Cover to prevent colour transfer. Ensure the design is breathable as smudging can occur very easily.
- WASH OFF with warm soapy water
- COVER the area again for 24 hours to prevent stain transfer as jagua is a potent dye
- Allow 2 to 3 days for the colour to fully mature into a rich dark blue stain
- Protect your jagua body art with the use of natural olive oil/coconut oil/almond oil etc
- Avoid excessive scrubbing, heavy work, chlorinated pools, sea water and other exfoliants to prolong your stain
- Allow approximately 2 weeks for the design to fully fade away