Founded in December 2014 by Connie Tu and Rozeena Rahman (Directors of Home of Henna CIC) and the first of its kind in the United Kingdom. We meet every month in Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK to provide a friendly, welcoming and supportive practice space to foster a safe, inclusive henna community. Each session costs only £10 per person, inc. light refreshments and henna. With a minimum of 2 attended sessions per year, this fee also allows you access to a closed WhatsApp and Facebook group resource.
In the fast growing UK Henna Art industry, our aim is to provide a supportive practice environment to encourage a friendlier, more supportive and communicative community. In our first year alone we have received much-valued support, endorsement and even attendance from Riffat Bahar, Kiran Sahib, Henna Visa, MehndikaJoeyHenna (Las Vegas, US) and Noam Sienna (Toronto, Canada). Since our formation back in 2014 we have inspired 2 new henna meet up groups in the UK (London), with a further 2 more in the pipeline for Birmingham and Devon. Through a common passion and dedication to the art of all natural henna, we hope to put the UK Henna Community on the international map. If you are interested in setting up your own group with the support and framework of our team, please email email@example.com to discuss the details.
UPDATE: NEW DATES ANNOUNCED BELOW
A supportive henna opportunity to break out of your comfort zone and learn new skills through practicing challenging designs and styles.
- All natural, fresh henna only**
- All attendees to participate (We understand that we all have nerves – the only way through a mental hurdle is to lay that henna down :))
- No personal/business promotions/soliciting
- Henna to be laid on the recipient’s dominant henna-drawing hand (the one that seldom has henna on it)
- All attendees to be supportive and respectful of each other
- All designs to be credited to the original artist
- All photos taken at the #MMM must be watermarked with #MonthlyMehndiMeet before use on social media. Hashtagging #MMM #MonthlyMehndiMeet also applies.
- Research and choose 1-3 of your favourite inspiring designs. Save or print to bring on the day. Leaving it on your phone is fine.
- Identify styles and areas you would like to improve. At the group, seek out someone who has a design that will challenge you to practice outside of your comfort zone. This will be verified and checked.
*Unless otherwise stated. Occasionally, the #MMM can be scheduled for a different time and different day of the week dependent on the availability of hosts and venue.
**Strictly NO “black henna”, coloured henna, store bought or imported branded henna. Henna cones will be vetted by group admins and decisions will be final. If you do not have fresh henna, please let one of us know and we will ensure that there is henna ready for you to use on the day.
The group administrators are:
• Connie Tu – Created By Connie (07716 978677)
• Rozeena Rahman – Roze-Henna (07414 088770)
Please note that our related Whatsapp and Facebook #MonthlyMehndiMeet Groups are private and closed. Members of this group must be current/former attendees or have contributed to the running of the group. Non-attendees for 6 months or longer will be removed.
=== 2017 DATES ===
(Reintroducing our WEDNESDAY session, *limited to 10 pre-paid spaces only)
Weds 4th January (9:30am – 2pm)*
Weds 1st February (9:30am – 2pm)*
Sun 19th February (11am – 3pm) – Women’s Centre, Nestfield Road BD1 3BZ
Weds 1st March(9:30am – 2pm)*
Mon 20th March (12:30pm – 2pm) – Bradford College (FREE: Students only)
Weds 5th April (9:30am – 2pm)*
Sun 9th April (11am -2pm) – Cartwright Hall, Lister Park BD9 4NS
Thursday 27th April (12:30pm – 2pm) – Bradford College (FREE: Students only)
Weds 3rd May (9:30am – 2pm)*
Weds 7th June (9:30am – 2pm)*
Sun 11th June (11am – 3pm)
Weds 5th July (9:30am – 2pm)*
Weds 2nd August (9:30am – 2pm)*
Sun 20th August (11am – 3pm)
Weds 6th September (9:30am – 2pm)*
Weds 4th October (9:30am – 2pm)*
Sun 22nd October (11am – 3pm)
Weds 1st November (9:30am – 2pm)*
Weds 6th December (9:30am – 2pm)*
Sun 17th December (11am – 3pm)
=== Our 2016 #MMM Dates and Times were ===
Wednesday 6th January (9:15am)
Wednesday 3rd February (9:15am)
Wednesday 2nd March (9:15am)
Friday 1st April (6pm)
Wednesday 4th May (9:15am)
Friday 3rd June (6pm)
July (closed attendance)
Sunday 7th August (11am) – Kala Sangam, 3rd floor
Sunday 18th September (11am)
27th September – Bradford College, Fresher’s Fair
Sunday 16th October (11am) – Kala Sangam, 3rd floor
Thursday 20th October (12:30pm – 2pm) – Bradford College (FREE: Students only)
Sunday 13th November (11am)- Kala Sangam, 3rd floor
Tuesday 15th November (12:30pm – 2pm) – Bradford College (FREE: Students only)
Sunday 11th December (11am) – Kala Sangam, 3rd floor