‘Created By Connie’ is now fully insured for jagua application. This service is only available by special request studio appointments. A patch test is required 2 weeks prior to booking. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
To book your JAGUA BODY ART appointment, please select your studio appointment from the BOOKINGS page, then on the following menu, select ‘Add to your appointment…‘ then ‘Jagua Fruit Ink – Blue/Black stain’.
Using ink derived from the America Genipa fruit, this temporary body art is a fun and natural alternative to the usual henna body art. It originates from the Amazonian Kayapo tribe who have used it for generations for symbolic tribal body adornment. Supplied by Simply Inkd from HennaV, jagua body art leaves a blue/black stain on the skin which also lasts 6 to 10 days and is dependent on its own different set of aftercare instructions.
Please note that as jagua ink is derived from an unpasteurised fruit process, it is NOT to be used with ANY fruit allergies or skin sensitivities. Reactions to Jagua ink art can take as long as 2 weeks to appear, and can be in the form of skin irritations or worse. Please seek medical advice if in doubt.
Take a look at the photos below to see how it works. Aftercare advice is also included below:
- Jagua takes around 20-30 mins to dry flat on the skin
- Leave on the skin for 2 to 6 hours. Cover to prevent colour transfer. Ensure the design is breathable as smudging can occur very easily.
- WASH OFF with warm soapy water
- COVER the area again for 24 hours to prevent stain transfer as jagua is a potent dye
- Allow 2 to 3 days for the colour to fully mature into a rich dark blue stain
- Protect your jagua body art with the use of natural olive oil/coconut oil/almond oil etc
- Avoid excessive scrubbing, heavy work, chlorinated pools, sea water and other exfoliants to prolong your stain
- Allow approximately 2 weeks for the design to fully fade away